On Thursday, February 27, 2014, the members of District 751, ratified a first agreement with Kay & Associates, JBLM, WA by a vote of 90%.
The highlights of the agreement are as follows:
- 3 year agreement.
- GWI, 1.75% 2% 2%. Plus adjusted COLA. Crew Chief, Flight Eng. And NDI Inspector will receive 8% additive for all hours paid. Lead pay $1.00 additive for all hours paid.
- Medical premium to stay at current rate for 2014, 75/25 split in years 2015, 2016. $2.50 will be contributed to member per hour to pay for the 25% obligation. If not taking the Medical, member can opt out for the $2.50 per hour in pay.
- IAM Pension Plan added to agreement in year 2 and 3 at $0.15.
- Grievance and Arbitration Article.
- Union Security Article.
- 3 days Personal time added plus Vacation, Jury Duty and Bereavement pay.
- No Strike No Lockout article.
- Machinists Custom Choice Plan.
The Negotiating committee worked tirelessly to represent their membership. BR Joe Crockett, District 751 provided leadership and guidance throughout the negotiations. This contract took two votes, as the membership rejected the first offer and the company adjusted the initial offer enough to cause a second ratification vote that was accepted. Through coordination and assistance from the IAM Aerospace Department these negotiations were successful for our members working under this collective bargaining agreement.